Friday, October 04, 2013
At my fingertips—not
I recently got a Kindle Fire HD (and of course, a mere week after I bought it, they came out with a brand, spanking new model—isn't that just always the way it goes... but that's neither here nor there). I debated over it, similar tablets, and maybe a netbook or the Surface—went over and over everything when trying to make my decision. I went with the Kindle for a variety of reasons (it was on the cheaper end, and thanks to my kid’s Kindle, I have a ton of apps already that I didn't have to buy—and I really, really wanted one, so there).
Anyhoo, I got the Kindle and already I am having a problem with it. I am having the same problem with my iPhone. What is that, you ask?
My fingers don't seem to have whatever it takes to work the touch screen. Seriously. I have so much trouble actually "clicking" on certain aspects, my kids are getting annoyed when I have to ask them to do something on my phone. "Mo-om, just do..." I know *what* to do; really, I do. I just can't make it work right.
It's so bizarre; it's not like I'm not trying to do it correctly. And truth be told, it freaks me out a little bit. I mean, whose fingers don't work on a touch screen (and before you ask, my nails aren't long—can't type with the long nails).
I still don't want to work backwards technology-wise. I like my phone and my Kindle. I bought a keyboard and a stylus for the Kindle so that helps a lot. I have to say, back in March when I bought my new computer I am ever so thankful I didn't get the touch screen—I was more afraid of something going out on that quicker than a "regular" monitor. Imagine if I couldn't get it to work, too.
So are you caught up with some or all of the new technology? Is there something that you love but just doesn't work for/with you? Do you keep at it or did you have to give it up completely? And what are you waiting for—what's on your technology wish-list? (I still want a Nook tablet [overkill, I know], and I do want a Surface, but prolly won’t get that… and … well… so many, many things)