I am not a big person for change. I like things the way they are and I leave it that way for as long as possible. At the same time, I will get a weird twitch and I must change something this very minute (as example by me painting the family room on the spur of the moment). It’s a weird dichotomy, but it’s the way I’ve been for a while (falls into the “doesn't like to change” model.)
It has too, made my kids the same darned way. I had/have the kids (keep in mind my kids are all boys) who had long hair. Very long hair. Many (most) times their hair was way longer than my own. They like it that way—the school has no restrictions—so we let them grow it however they want. At the same time, trying to get them to get it cut—even for a trim—was extremely difficult. They didn’t want to change even an inch of it.
But eventually they do want change. The first of the long-haired kids decided to cut it a couple of years ago and has had a buzz cut ever since, won’t let it go more than two weeks without getting it buzzed again. Recently, my oldest, said yes when I asked my “do you want to get your hair cut” question—something I’d begun doing on a multi-times a day basis. Mostly because it bugged him (yeah, evil parent moment) and he always said no. When he said yes, you could have knocked me over and I immediately took him to get it cut—they cut 12+ inches off and voila he had a short hair cut. The oldest’s hair --------------->
The other day the last long-haired holdout brought me a pic on his phone and says, “I want to get this.” At first I thought, you want a sleeveless shirt? Because he was too young (14) for the tattoos up and down the guy’s arm. Keep in mind, this is my rocker kid—plays multiple instruments, likes scream-o music and all the trappings (In the near future, I predict those tattoos will be there). Then he zooms in the pic on the guy’s hair—shaved on the sides and a sorta-Mohawk. Because I already had a hair appointment on Tuesday, he decided to piggyback on it and get his 13 inch (from the base of his neck in a ponytail) long hair trimmed to the scalp. I am surprised, because he’s kind of like me. Doesn’t like change until that moment when it’s the only thing you can think about doing! (I will say, he’s had this haircut before, but it was when he was single-digits old. The long hair, he’s had for the last 3 or 4 years—so BIG change indeed.
So… he got it all lopped off! Has a very sleek new hair cut!
<------------------
She took it off in several pony tails (he wouldn’t let me take pics of that) to get the hairstyle he was going for… it looked good before (all long and rocker) and it looks good now (all short…and rocker!)!
And yes, both times the hair was donated!
How are you with change? Do you balk and fight it until you can’t anymore? Or are you easy-peasy and go with it whenever it needs it?

AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE