Let me preface this by saying, it totally beats the alternative, I’m just saying…
If you’d have asked me ten years ago, hell, probably even five, how I felt about getting older, I’d have been like, “meh, it is what it is.” Cut to the last couple of years and my tune has changed drastically. I have had two health conditions usually reserved for the octogenarian set (my primary doc joked I should be 80…HA!). One health condition normally inflicted upon kids. An ongoing issue that (while 95% diagnosed now) is still yet to be resolved and my (up close and reading) eyesight has gone to shit. Don’t get me started on the arthritis that makes it virtually impossible to sneak up on someone as my limbs creak and pop with every move. My kids know when I am walking down the hall and are already hiding whatever they don’t want me to see by the time I open their doors. DOH!
Again, I will take *all* this over the alternative, but there are days where I feel like getting older is some cosmic joke.
I managed to go many, many years without much more than headache remedies on an as-needed basis. Now I take a different pill with every meal, am taking two to four different vitamins (if/when I remember to take them all). And I see a doctor on a regular basis—this from a woman who, aside from child birth, saw a doctor every couple of years only.
On the upside, I know more about the human body than I ever cared to learn, so I would be killer in Trivial Pursuit if health is the category/topic. I have also managed to read three complete books in the various waiting rooms over the last couple of years—so at least it’s been productive! I guess I should start taking my Alphasmart or get a netbook and make it even *more* productive. Hmm… there’s a thought.
How about you? Are you aging gracefully, or did you drop like a stone like I did as every warranty ran out at once? What’s your biggest aging gripe? All things considered, the eyesight pisses me off the most because of the days when I forget my reading glasses and my damned arms aren’t long enough to hold the print out to read….

AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE