Friday, July 26, 2013
For your viewing pleasure

Summer TV has been in full swing for a couple of weeks now. Several episodes in. I am well hooked in to a few shows (The Glades, Longmire, Royal Pains, Drop Dead Diva, Rookie Blue, Copper, Covert Affairs (tho it is sorta losing interest from me)…and lest we not forget my absolute fave So You Think You Can Dance!) Burn Notice is in it’s final season so even though it’s run a little dry, I will watch it to the end! The only shows that didn’t carry over from last year are ones that the networks dropped—not me. (There was a *WHOLE LOT* more than I thought until I started typing them all out!)

Normally, with such a full DVR I try not to add new series to its exhausted storage, but when I saw the crop of new shows coming out, I couldn’t resist. This summer, I added Under the Dome, King and Maxwell and Graceland. Every now and then I pop in one from last year that I didn’t get to like Perception. I think I like them all. I can’t quite decide how I feel about them, though. So far I have watched all the recordings—I watch very few show when they *actually* come on, most I watch the next morning in the all-quiet of a sleeping household

Psych already came and went in the summer (late spring)viewing. I still like the show, but am not quite as rabid to get to the next episode (I ‘d just as soon, sit and watch ‘em all at once). Orphan Black is kind of in the same, late spring boat… Amie got me hooked on that! Cannot wait for the next season!

I will say, there’s something a little *different* about summer shows. Maybe it’s the condensed schedule so there’s less fluff, more to the point of the plot that keeps me just a little bit more interested than shows during the rest of the year. Don’t get me wrong, I still have plenty of those I watch too… but it “feels” less intense. Maybe because the seasons are just a little bit longer, you have more time to doddle watching-wise. Don’t know…

I realize most people are not a TV-junkie as I am, but what can I say—it’s my “down” time, time for my brain to just chill! What’s your summer TV schedule like? Any new shows you’ve added? Any you’ve dropped?  Any you were/are looking forward to getting in to?