So we bought a new sectional for the family room and a sofa for the living room, to replace 10y.o. and 30+y.o. ones—it was long overdue! Naturally that means that I feel the need to spruce up both rooms in the process—and by extension that means painting! I haven’t painted a room in five or so years since we painted son #2’s room purple (back when he liked LSU). Before that, it was when I was 15 and we painted my bedroom mauve. I am pretty sure it was on sale and that was why I (meaning my mom) picked mauve, because I can’t imagine why I would otherwise—and the room is *still* that color low these couple of decades+ later.
The hubby’s reaction naturally was to moan and groan and never get into the mood. So Sunday, I got the call informing me of the furniture's arrival (on Thursday). Monday, I went to the store today and got the paint anyway. I started off small yesterday afternoon. First with the primer then the paint (Dapper Tan), I painted around the bottom of the bar that separates the kitchen from the family room. So far so good, but … I only had to move two barstools to do anything. Later today, I will move all the furniture in the family room and have at it. (Again, the sectional is coming on Thursday so I have to get it done today or chuck all the paint and accessories in the garage with all my other half-started projects (I am *really* bad about that!).
I am hoping the color turns out okay. We (and by we I mean #1 son) picked a premixed color (I didn’t want to go through all the paint chip choices—I don’t have the patience for that this week). If not, well… it’s still better that the 13y.o. paint that has been scribbled on so many times it almost has it’s own design—so win-win as far as I am concerned—as long as it gets done! Then over the weekend (assuming it goes okay) I will do the living room too. I will have to go get more paint if I do because I only got enough for the one room to “test the waters'”.
I will post some before and after pics next week…
Do you ever have a some-what spur-of-the-moment project? (Technically, I have wanted to repaint for a while, so the arrival of the new sectional was good timing for me) Do you get it completed? How did it turn out? Would you do it again?

AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE