Do you ever see/read things that get panned? And like ‘em. A lot. I do. All the time. So much so, I often wonder about my taste. In everything. I recently watched a movie from last year that was given horrible reviews, pretty much by anyone who watched it. And I liked the movie (made me get teary-eyed even) and I would watch it again! And again! Okay so I can admit it, it was the movie Battleship. I am a sucker for “blow ‘em up” movies. And it had plenty of that. (And it had quirky/funny moments, a combo I *cannot* pass up—Love Ordy!)
I don’t remember exactly what the complaints about the movie were when it came out, but to me it was pure, clean blow-em-up fun. The story itself held together. I can’t tell you how many movies I’ve watched that make me roll my eyes and the interest starts to wane per eye-roll. Battleship’s story—even if formulaic, because the formulas work for a reason—worked and played through. And the teary-eyed part, when Hopper commandeered the U.S.S. Missouri and the retired navy men aboard… yep, got to me.
Anyhoo, like I said, I liked it and would watch it again.
It’s not the first, nor probably the last, movie that I liked that no else seemed to. And same goes for books. I have read a couple of the “popular” books and so didn’t get it. Shades of anything overblown anyone (no, please don’t go into that kerfuffle, I’m just saying!)… And books that I have really like or even put on my keeper shelf I have looked up after the fact and seen it didn’t get the same rave reviews I’d given it.
I suppose that is the point of why there is *so* much out there; because there are so many different people who can/will love it or hate it. How are you with what’s popular? Do you follow trend in your likes (not that there’s anything wrong with one or the other, I’m just curious)? Do you like things a little bit different than the person? And do you have secret likes that other people panned?

AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE