Thursday, March 07, 2013
I want it all in there

I have mentioned before that pretty much anything in life, I find fodder for books. I want to put everything I see, hear and feel into stories. I will often hold back to keep from making someone angry—makes for awkward family moments if all their secrets are revealed. I don't know *why" I feel the need to share any and everything. Maybe it's pathological. I mean, I have often felt that yes while writing is creative and all that, there is a certain madness that comes with it. There is a "need" to create. I'd guess it's a lot like the hunger you get when craving drugs or alcohol—but in reverse, you *need* to get the creativity out.

But getting away from the deeper maybe's of why I write, I am a sharer. I recently had a meeting with someone and the hubby asked how it went. I thought it a strange question, because I'd already told him most of it and he said, no, "...how'd it go? You tend to have diarrhea of the mouth when you get nervous or anxious." I was not mad or even offended by this because he is 100% accurate. It's a defense mechanism, but it's also my nature to share. And share it all. Can't say why. But I have always been the over-sharing type.

It's funny, though, I try and think back to a time before I started writing ( a lot—I have pretty much been writing all my life) back maybe when I was a teen, before the *need* came in to play. But I can't quite get a feel for then. I don't know if the *need* was present then. I can't even quite fathom, when it actually started. Writing this out seems weird and I don't know know if I am even quite describing it correctly. Anyhoo... I have so veered off topic, but when it comes to writing there are so many topics that blend and oppose when it comes to writing. When I get a new tidbit, or new piece of info, I just want to *use* it. I want to incorporate it into the tangible bit of books.

I don't know if today's blog is more of a bit of ramble or something that makes you consider what you do with your info. Or even if you consider your writing pathological. I have yet to get beyond the point where everything is and of writing to me. If that day comes, I may not feel so compelled to frustrate over my keyboard and get the next book going. 'Til then... write on!