How did we ever live without social media, email, texts? I am not the biggest Tweetor by any means. And Facebook has two functions for me. One is to keep in touch with readers/authors, the other is to keep updated on family far and wide. Case in point, during Sandy, Facebook was the only way that we could get updates about my family. Whenever my cousin got a signal for as brief as it was, she posted updates so we knew they were okay.
There have been many times I have heard on the news that something was Tweeted or posted to Facebook as a plea to the community for help be it for an ill individual to something as local as a lost pet—often with decent results.
It’s weird, though, that it is now so prevalent in our world. What did we do before? How did we manage to raise our families and stay in touch with relatives? Hell, just ten years ago I remember wondering how I ever got along without a cell phone. Let me tell you, you get stranded ONE TIME with small children and that phone is a priceless lifeline (and that would be the hubby who got stranded not me—but it is what prompted me to purchase my phone 17 years ago—gosh that seems soooooo very long ago).
I will admit. There are days when I wish the ease and quickness of the internet was no more, days when the bad news whisks to you just as quickly as the good—there is something to be said for those moments of oblivion when things aren’t so bad. But then the thought of unplugging and getting out of touch scares me more than the burden of ease.
Could you unplug? For days? Weeks? Would you be patting yourself down and turning in circles because you felt like you forgot something (that’s what I do when I forget my phone)? Are you a social media diva or do you just dip your toe in every now and again as it suits?

AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE NOW
NOW AVAILABLE
NOW AVAILABLE