I think a while back I mentioned I was working on something and might have some news soon, well… blam… here ya go: I have sold a new book to Siren Publishing. It is a Contemporary Western. I set it in a fictional town in west Texas. It’s due to come out late this summer.
A little bit about the story (without giving too much away). Like I mentioned, it takes place in a fictional town–I modeled it after the town my mom was born and raised in (I can still vividly see the main street layout, so it’s easy to tweak to fit my story). The hero is a former bronc-rider trying to get back into the rodeo game. The heroine is a pampered princess from the Hills who has come a long way to reveal a long-long kept secret. And the two drive each other mad with suspicions and want…
I fall a little in love with all my heroes (I think you have to or the reader won’t) but this one, he’s by far the one I am most enamored with. To me, he is the perfect mixture of rugged, sexy, thoughtful and sexy–yeah, two times worth of mentioning. I like putting a lot of characters in my books, too. So there are many of the town represented. I like that home-town feel where a community–individually and as a whole–is as much a character as the hero/heroine.
I don’t want to give any more details just yet as I haven’t gotten all the okays and whatnot… but I couldn’t keep it to myself much longer. As soon as I get the cover, I will post it on my blog day along with more of a blurb and the links… I am so excited!