The hubby and I went to
Scarborough Renaissance Festival over the weekend (just us, no kids--woohoo). For folks not familiar with the Dallas/Fort Worth area, it's a 6 week event held out on a property south of the Metroplex. And it's awesome. I've never been to one anywhere else, but I am going to assume the permanent structures and the layout of the grounds is unique (to Waxahachie). Someone went to great lengths to make it entertaining. The hubby all but skipped around like a little kid, going into every shop and asking questions and he had a blast. Don't get me wrong I did too, but I was making mental notes of the place for various reasons (always the writer remember); I was trying to imagine "back when" and going all through my "what if..." list.
I

highly recommend going (to any ren fair) if you have the opportunity. There is so much to see and do, you will stay entertained the whole day, and the people watching—in and out of costume—is worth the price of admission (no we did not dress up—the hubby would have had we got there sooner, but our trip started off late that morning). It gave me so much want to write, so much inspiration—because I have to tell you, the people who work there commit, they do not half-do their "roles" and/or craft and it makes we want to commit more to my "craft".
The ren fair was hosting the Highland games this past weekend, too... so cool--lots of dudes in kilts (one was fi-ine!); got to see a caber toss (the kilted chick tossed the caber and the end split--awesome. Also saw them tossing this big-ass weight up over a bar--the men's arms were HUGE. AND There's a pirate weekend coming up on the 21/22 I think--I'd love to go to that too.
How was your weekend? Do anything to inspire you?
P.S. and a little shout-out to the Navy Seals/US Military... WAY TO GO!