So it's 8 months through the year and how have the goals been going?
Um, well... not so good as far as what I wrote down, but it hasn't been an all-together drag on the writing front. This year, I sold (and it's already been released)
book 2 of the Paintbrush series. I have been diligently working on finding a home for a cozy I wrote (it's proving to be WAY harder than I anticipated!)
Lest we forget what I wrote:
at the January YR meeting we set our 2010 goals. Mine are as follows:
-- Write every week ... honest and true I write every day--haven't missed one since September--knockwood--but there's less pressure for weekly than daily, if I miss I don't have to beat myself up.
-- Get an agent ... self-explanatory
-- Sell to NY ... again, need I explain?!?!
-- Avoid umbrellas ... this is an inside joke. One gal, when I "don't get" her story, has waved an umbrella--among other things--at me:lol:
-- Get an office space ... I don't *need* one. I just really, really want one. I mean, do I really need to pay for space when I am home alone during the day... but I WANT it! A fellow writer gal has one and I am pea-green w/ envy
The writing every week fell by the wayside beginning of May. Can't say for sure why, but then out-of-school hit coinciding with the dh's summer gone-ness—sports is a year-round, but *
really* busy in the summer business—and it crashed to a one sentence a week halt. I am glad to say I have been back at it with a vengeance and am working hard!
Like I said above, been trying for that agent thing and it's going... slowly!
Editors subs are in the same boat. I gotta get more active in pursuing that.
Did not get hit by any umbrella, though the threats have change to knee-whacking sticks so I must tread lightly! LOL
Office space... who am I kidding, I have a perfectly good desk in the converted dining room now office portion of our home. My butt in the chair is a bigger issue than the lack of four walls!
There are still a few months that I can/will work on this. And trust me, I *am* working on it! Anyone else working on their goals for the year? Make any progress?
And in case you weren't sure... that cheering yesterday, was me! SCHOOL STARTED ... WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!