Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Mish-mash of stuff... and news
The countdown to school starting is single digits now...YEE! I feel a little, I dunno, weird that I'm so terribly happy to be rid of my kids for hours a day, not enough to pull back the emotion however, but enough to comment on. I will say, at the start of the new school-year, I never try to make plans of "I'm gonna so this..." when they go back, because inevitably something ALWAYS comes up to thwart them. I am going to play it all by ear as it happens and have many things I *could* do...

A weird thing happened the other day—now granted I was extremely tired at the time so unless/until it happens again, I'm gonna chalk it up to that. I may have mentioned on here before, and I know I've mentioned to writer friends, but when I write I *see* the scenes in my head vividly, like a movie reel of sorts... always have. And I know other folks who do this as well... but I had the opposite happen the other night. I was telling the hubby something—remember, I said I was tired—and I saw the words, even so much as I almost, but didn't, hold my hands up to make parentheses when I wanted to make an aside comment. It was the weirdest thing. As I write this, though, I have seen several movies of late that had the words pop up on screen for effect—kiddo #4 watched Zombieland again the other day—so maybe it was the tired mixing with that--still made me giggle when it happened though.

As of Jan. 1, I will be relieved of ALL duties with my local chapter (okay, I do have one thing I have to do in January, but it's a one-day thing that's quick and easy--I'm just an impartial observer). I so need a break. I have been on the board in some capacity or another since the Fall of 2002. I gave up all my committee posts and will spend the next few months training my replacements. I am very much looking forward to being *just* a member--I can't even remember what that's like. (Did you hear that loud crash ?!?! I'm guessing Ames' jaw just hit the floor!) :-)


... oh, and do you know what today is?

It's release day for WRONG TURN, RIGHT COWBOY

... WOOT! :woot:

No matter how far you run, the past is never far behind.

Paintbrush, Book 2 ...

AVAILABLE TODAY

Warning: Sparks that ignite the whole town, dangerous secrets and some much-deserved butt-kicking.

One last thing... my MIL paid me the biggest writing complement, she said when she finished reading my last book, she wanted to know more... what happened after the book ended. Where things ended up with the secondary characters... I didn't tell her of course, I may need to work up another book... LOL

Please feel free to share any news you have. If you are as happy as me that school is starting soon (only 6 more days YAY!) send out a cheer! Or did you make any dramatic changes to your writing/regular life ... tell-away.

And have a great week!