Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Goal update ~ half way
It’s June, half-way through the year and I thought a good time for goals update (especially in light of various challenges going on). My 2009 goals that I set are:
~ Finish two books.(I have well over 20 open WIPs to choose from so it’s not like I have a lack of ideas to choose from)

~ Submit two finished books (they kinda go hand-in-hand y’know)

~ Start and finish a new book from start to finish (but not until I have finished the afore mentioned two books)

~ Submit brand spanking new book (you see the pattern here right, this is supposed to be how it works–rather than staring the WIP and making 42 save copies of it and stopping around page 90 and thinking it’s crappy and watching a week of Lifetime and finishing two quarts of Chunky Monkey to appease the pain and doubt . . . . wheshew . . . . I guess I needed to get that off my chest!)

~ Look for an agent (I won’t be so bold as to put find an agent–a lot depends on that other person too)

~ Write every week (I know me, every day ain’t gonna happen–but if I do better, like two three days a week, I will have gotten so much more done!)

So how have I done?

Actually, not too bad. I have finished and submitted a book (technically two–because one I submitted my editor asked for the full–which I had told her WAS done so I had to then scramble like crazy and finish–and she bought it, it’s my August release, but shhh don’t tell my editor that part).

I am 2/3 through the start from scratch book–which is book 2 in the Paintbrush series–chugging away on that! I am working on it for Ames’ challenge, so it WILL be done and it will be submitted! (before the end of the year)

I have written every week and truth be told almost every single day this year.

So, the agent part, not so much, but I still have six months to go.

One thing that I need to add and prolly the most important one is that I am ALLOWED to write. Even writing every week, and doing cover art sheets and galley edits and getting royalty checks, it still hasn’t sunk in that I can do this. Take yourself serious and every one else will too! That is number one on the goal list from now on!

Labels: ,