Thursday, July 05, 2007
OMG! Transformers—I so wanna see it again!
So . . . back when Narnia came out, I was UBER-excited. It was a movie of books I devoured in childhood (as well as a cartoon movie I had cried over MANY times)—and it turned out to be everything I had hoped. So when I learned of the Transformers movie, I was actually more excited than my kiddos.

I can admit, I watched the cartoon often (it helped I had a younger brother. HE got the toys for it, but I got to play too) it was a staple of my pre-teen days. When the movie's opening came closer, the DH and I discussed whether directors and actors could make a childhood nostalgia great or if it would fall the the way of the Fat Albert movie—silly, but still gave you giggles and brief reminders of Kool-Aid and skinned knees.

Well let me tell you . . . TRANSFORMERS so totally ROCKED!!!

It was fantastic! The sound alone of alien robots morphing from unassuming vehicle to ulta-cool ass kicker was enough alone to make me all but clap aloud in the theater. And hearing the original voice of Optimus Prime—YEE —I loved this movie!!

And the humor—I am ALL about the humor—it was so funny. You often worry when you see commercials they have pretty much used up the funny (Sam: "It's a robot. Probably from Japan."). Not so in this movie. There was one scene in particular tears streamed down my face I was laughing so hard—as much for the fact I was thinking about the conversation I would have to have with my older boys after the movie (Sam: "Master. . . mom, please" ) 'nuff said.

It's a very intense rock 'em sock 'em movie (which I like). Of course me being me. . . I had moments of not being able to suspend my disbelief—like when . . . I don't want to give the movie away (and frankly, at 8:30 this AM I can't remember—so it must not have been so bad!).

Shia LaBeouf was perfect for the wise-cracking teen and the total ensemble was great together—even Jon Voight—which surprised me!

I'd even pay full-price to see it again rather than wat for it to come to the dollar movie!

Labels: