Monday, June 25, 2007
Pinhead
We took the kids bowling yesterday.

My little bro is going out of town for a month and we had a get-together before he went and decided go to Mainevent. The group of us minus me and Mini-me ('cause he's too short and someone had to watch him) played laser tag. They all seemed to enjoy it except they all kept complaining about the cheaters.

"Did you tell on them?"

"Of course not." (read into this: we're male, we do not tell and/or complain to the people who could have prevented this)

"Then stop complaining to me." (read: y'all decide to do something that excluded Mini-me and me—don't care—yeah, I can be a big ole baby when I am left out!)

So after that, we rented two lanes—the kiddos on one, two had bumpers. And the adults (well little bro isn't quite adult, but we're not mean enough to stick him with the kiddoes—even though he's only three years older than Heir).

Who knew my dad was so uber-competitive—he was rocketing that ball down the lane, left handed and all funky-upside-down throw and all. I knew the DH was—he bowled something like a 150-ish, didn't see the final score before we started game two, but I know he only had two frames that didn't have ten points. The two of them were all but growling when they finished their turns.

Little Bro and I were racing to see who would come in third—little creep got a spare in the last frame and beat me by three points—grrrrr......

Spare got uber-pissed when the second round he got nothing but gutter balls—went so far as to rip his shoes open and kick them across the way, and yep he got his but tore into for acting like that! I mean c'mon, he beat me and little bro in the previous round and NO he wasn't one of the kiddos with the bumpers.

Mini-me: now that was a site. Twice and attendant/bowing worker had to retrieve his ball from the middle of the lanes as it's tediously-slow momentum stopped it half way—YEESH!

Heir and Spare+1 didn't not once complain, grouse or otherwise ill-temper show. They played, laughed and had fun.

Despite the afore mentioned hissy fit and competitiveness, a good time was had by all!

Labels: