So recently,
Ames,
Mik and I visited another chapter on the far side of town from us. I talked, a lot. I won't say the entire way, as they both have a lot to say, too. But I talked, a lot. I can't stand being around people and having quiet. CANNOT STAND QUIET WHEN OTHER FOLKS ARE AROUND.
Shocking, I know--those who know me are aghast in horror at my confession--
*snort* as if they didn't know. . . .
I can be quiet. Ames and I have been to enough concerts and I can get through an entire set without blabbing. Let's look past the fact that she probably couldn't hear me. . . .
I remember one time coming home from a meeting, I immediately called
SJ (talked to her the entire way home, even driving alone, I don't really
like quiet) and I passed a car-load of folks who had been at the same meeting. They sat in quiet. None of them were speaking. I couldn't believe it.
I don't know why this is. Not them not talking, no, I mean my propensity to talk all the time. As a matter of fact, as Ames and Mik and I were leaving the restuarant after our meeting, I apologized for talking so much. Ames just shook her head and me at smiled (she's way used to it). Mik asked Why? Why was I apologizing. . . don't know the answer to that, but I felt silly for talking so much. Maybe being a Stay-at-home-mom I crave adult time and the DH can only take so much of me before he tunes me out (you know you do hon!). So when I am finally around a person who doesn't think Sponge Bob is the bomb, I can't help myself!
Labels: gal time