Saturday, November 18, 2006
Tryptophan overload – the sequel
Last year, I posted about making a thanksgiving feast for my small family of six. You see, one year the M-I-L decided to try something different and forgo the turkey and trimmings. Well…. DH was none too happy about this as he loves turkey almost as much as me (and on some days probably more – LOL).

For the past four years, I have instituted McDfeast. – I make a turkey with all the trimmings the family desires a few says before. So I picked today as the day for the feast. I decided I’d rather do it on the weekend instead of during the week – even though the kids are out of school until the 27th.

(And no – I haven’t gotten any writing done the last two days as I prepared for the McDfeast)

so what did we have you ask?

• Turkey – Butterball – 12 pounder
• Cornbread stuffing
• Mashed potatoes
• Green bean casserole
• Two kinds of cranberry sauce
• Rolls
• Peas
• Mashed sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows
• Ham (as Spare doesn’t like turkey – can you imagine?!?!?!)
• Relish tray
• Cherry pie
• Apple pie

update 11-19-06 P.S. - forgot to mention Spare + 1 made butter at school Thursday - so we made some yesterday as well . . . he was so proud and everyone liked it. (a little whipping cream and a dash of salt then shake like crazy)

Now I will admit – The pies were Sara Lee – I didn’t feel like messing with it (and we had pumpkin pie the other day, and I plan to bake one Tuesday). My ankles are swollen as are the kids bellies – but it was worth it when we went around the table to give our thanks and Spare (who begged to go first so the others wouldn’t take his thankful thing) said he was thankful for his mom and dad. Awwwwwwwww………….

(Then Mini-me dropped his glass and water went EVERYwhere - ah - the joys of boys!)

Happy Thanksgiving y’all
4 Comments:
Blogger Bernita said...
Happy Thanks, Dennie!

Blogger Sandy J said...
Yum!! I have one son that likes ham better also.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
we're having MANY leftovers for dinner tonight... =)

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
We always have ham and turkey...can't wait for Thursday...Happy Turkey Day!

That little struttin' turkey is the cutest thing!