Monday, November 27, 2006
Pitfalls of a Romance Writing Mom
Oh John… Oh Marsha… I love you… I love you… “MOM! I need some toilet paper.”


The long black car careened down the side of the mountain as the detective slammed the listless breaks and… “He hit me.” “He hit me first.”


A shot rang out. Wet stickiness clung to the front of his shirt… “Mom, I just threw up all over the dog.”


To say your rhythm and concentration is thrown off is a vast understatement. It is a delicate balance of author and mommy. But you have to be careful, if like me, you write on the steamier side of the isle that you not leave your WIP up on the computer for any ankle-biter to walk by and view.


“Mommy what is a Dominatrix?”


And don’t get me started on a Romance Writing Cub Scouts and PTA Mom…
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL--my DD has just learned to read--now I can't give her old hardcopy to draw on :(

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
LOL - yeah - I can see how that could be a problem - LOL

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Oh... and I have a thing that reads it back to me... I have to steal MY headphones back from the kids 'cause that would be an education for them....

Blogger Bernita said...
Ha.
Husbands can be just as interrupting.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
yeah - mine is pretty good - but when he wants to talk - forgetaboutit - I might as well turn off the computer!

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
Aw, the old days: "Mom! Come here and wipe my butt!"

Now they scream for toilet paper. And food! And lost homework...