Friday, October 27, 2006
Call me SUPERMOM!
So I said before that I made two of the kids’ costumes: Spare wants to be Jack Sparrow – made it!


Spare + 1 wanted to be a golfer (don’t ask me why) – made it!



Mini-me went round and round with his choice (and frankly I was scared spitless when he decided to be the Tin Man and expected me to make it – can you say lots of silver material and hours of sewing!) Then luck of luck he saw a PRE-MADE/STORE BOUGHT Sponge Bob and wanted it – bought it! (no pic – sorry – but think yellow sponge w/ brown pants – not a hard one to figure out here)

But Heir – Heir wanted to be a video game character – Riku from Kingdom Hearts.

I give up trying to add the pic - it will not go in - if you wanna see it - click THIS LINK and it will take you to a pic . . .


There is no pattern for that – hell, I could barely find pics of the guys. But I procrastinated and procrastinate – big shocker I know. Then last night Spare asks me if I would have Heir’s done in time for the costume contest tonight at Spare + 1’s school – Double DAY-UM.

So I locked myself away in my room last night, popped good ol Chris in the CD player and stared at the pile of fabric I bought. Then whamo-bamo-only-stuck-myself-once-mamo I got the top made – no applause please – you’ll make me blush. I have to say – and I don’t often congratulate myself – BUT I think I did a dern good job.

I still have to finish the arms holes – but that I can and will do by hand this after noon – for the bottom – well – he’s gonna wear a pair of his dad’s jeans and boots – I don’t have that much creative juice left to come up with bottoms!

Happy Halloween all!
5 Comments:
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
I flunked sewing ... I think they were about ready to expell me from the Salvation Army class I was in. I suck at it big-time. Uber-suck. So my hats off to you - good job!

Ahem, spamarama is back!

Blogger Toni Anderson said...
I'm crap at sewing too :) They look great!!

Blogger Sandy J said...
Great job!!!! I did well with sewing in Home Economics, but failed cooking. Go figure!!

Are you going to bring the munchkins by Halloween night?

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
thanks all - I ended up making pants too ... sorta ... I cut up some of his dad's jeans and sewed clasps onto them

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
You are completely and totally amazing, Dennie. I love the Jack Sparrow costume!