Please tell me I am not the only one who gets “star struck” when they run across authors they admire.
I thought this might be something I would get over once I myself became a published author. But apparently being a dorky fan is not something easily erased. Just the other day I was clicking on some of the links at the side and came upon a website with pictures. I scanned them briefly and then did a triple take. “That can’t be… naw, that’s not…” but upon further investigating it was who I thought it was. (I shant bore you with the details as I don’t wanna embarrass the poor gal w/ my gushing) but suffice it to say when I spotted someone I know and like in the links, I spent half and hour perusing her website. I even almost called Amie and said “Did you know so and so is over there?”
I was giddy, giddy I tell you.
Nationals excites me as must as it scares me to death. It’d be like a shop-aholic coming across an 90% off sale – I am THAT bad!
I see people and have to fight hard to refrain from pointing and giggling.
I have a made a point not to get any where near Nora that would require conversation… I tend to gush and it can get quite embarrassing.
I spoke to Brenda Novak at nationals and it was all I could do not to leave the silly grin on my face and stop someone saying, “Look who’s talking to ME . . . on purpose, no less.”
I suppose if I ever get out of that awe it will be a sad, far too full of myself not to get a swift kick to the ass kinda day (wheshew that was a mouthful!)
Who do you gush over, avoid to keep from gushing over and all time fave to talk to? Pop on over to the
Chicas Blog and let me know and you could win a pair of totally faboo-socks!
Incidentally – this DOES NOT seem to be a problem when I run into certain men (well, only one in particular - sheesh!) – then I clam up and examine the change in my pocket – go figure….
LOL, I drooled over Suzanne Brockmann in Reno. Poor love.
B - I only wish mute was in me... ('cept when it comes to CC)