Wednesday, August 09, 2006
OH YEAH!!
School starts today!! WOOHOO!!!

I am far too happy - of course we haven't tackled the getting-into-school-in-a-wheel-chair yet nor the reverse version for pick up . . . so ask me if I am as happy after. . .

Mini-me starts twice a week for three hours next week - can you say heaven?!?!?!

update - after school . . . OMG - you have got to be kidding me. Thank goodness I left early - I wanted to see how parents arrived at school (last year Heir rode home w/ a friend or walked I only picked him up once when it rained - thank goodness Spare + 1 was riding home w/ someone else otherwise it would have taken me forever to get to that blocked wheelchair slot having to pick him up 15 minutes befoe the otehr two get out). I have said it once I will say it AGAIN - PEOPLE ARE STUPID! I got permission from the school to park in the wheelchair parking in the teachers' lot as other parents are NOT allowed in there - well, wouldn't you know it not only did they line up NOT IN PARKING SPACES - they blocked me in - and blocked the other wheelchair slot - then the guy had the nerve to be pissed when I wanted out - HELLO - YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!!!!

. . . let's not even get me started about sitting at a stop sign for TEN MINUTES because people cannot read the arrows on the drive and are going the wrong way essentially blocking me in - ARGH!!! Did I mention the fact it is 104 degrees outside - 30 minutes in a van w/ Mini-me will drive anyone nutso. . . let alone in 104 degrees and stupid drivers!

Hopefully it will level off next week as most of these folks will not want to pick up their children but make them walk.
10 Comments:
Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
So I take it that if the stick turns blue this fall, you'll be the gal running up and down the street, screaming?

;-)

Believe me, I've had nightmares about blue sticks!

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
I thought I heard a squeal of delight this morning.

Blue stick? Did I miss something?

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
bonnie WHAT!?!?!?!

no blue stick... blue stick bad, bad... not to mention medically corrected from happening again - so ya there would be screaming of some kind...

Blogger Caroline Clemmons said...
Denise,

I've been thinking about your Heir and hoping he's doing well in the wheel chair. And also thinking about you, because you're now his legs. Run, run, run here and there. I can see you very busy! Good luck!
Carolyn

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Hey Carolyn *waves* thanks for all the good thoughts - seems like for ever since I've seen you... I told Heir we're gonna arm wrestle when he gets out of it and all is done - not sure who will win ...

Blogger Sandy J said...
Wow! Happy first day of school! It always seems crazy on the first day. When we lived in Huntsville, Alabama, on the first day of school all the moms would take their kids to school, get them settled in and then meet at a certain bakery/coffee house where we visited and ate and drank (coffee) for hours. It was a tradition and we had a ball.

Blogger Bernita said...
People like that make me yearn for an AK-47.
People are seriously stupid sometimes.

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
I gotta go with Bernita on this one--folks is ig'nernt. this year #2 goes at 8:20 but #1 doesn't have to be there till 9 and his first class is gym!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
People are just so dumb!!!! But SCHOOL!!!!!!

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
I used to run a crossing guard program at an elementary school and the parents who picked up and dropped off their kids were really impatient and dangerous in the parking lot. You have my sympathies, Dennie!