okay yesterday I waxed intelligent about my trip to Atlanta . . . today let me tell you what REALLY happened . . .
for the most part I managed to remain calm, cool and collected around such a stash of great authors, but let's just remember I am after all . . . me.
I think I had a DOH moment every single day;
Tuesday - we arrived, had little to do so we rode the elevator up to the 47th floor - I, being me, held my arms up and yelled, "WOOHOO" the whole way up. Can't help myself.
Wednesday - They had a literacy autographing. I snag a Sabrina Jefferies' book and
Jill's book and extricated myself to the side of the room to avoid the crushing crowd - yes it was crowded. The crowd splits and SJ comes running up to me. "OMG Denise come here." I am thinking Nora wants drinks with us after the signing as I could think of nothing else that would put a look like that on her face. She leads me to an empty seat and I am all like, "Yeah, and..." she points to the name tag as she hops up and down and claps her hands (okay we can probably both use this one - LOL) and I all but scream - it was none other than ME! Apparently when I asked about them getting my book (which they couldn't) they assumed I was coming with my own copies to sign and had a place all set out for me - OMG!!! I so totally stole the name plackard - hehe
Thursday - okay - I think I was pretty calm this day - but I had two on Friday so I will pretend this one was Thursday. . . At one of my chapters meeting, for a breakfast, I stood up w/ my "rock on" hands and said woohoo when I won the door prize - doh indeed. And so NOT appreciated.
Friday - can you say MOJITOS . . . 'nuff said!
Saturday - I was talking to an Editor from Harlequin. during the workshop, she mentioned she doesn't like cursing on the first page which incidentally is how the one I had submitted to her starts ("Where the hell is she?") to which I told her I was like F&*$. We laughed then she glanced over at the mic and said I hope this isn't still recording . . . whoopsy!
Sunday - the day we are going home - you wouldn't think I could do anything to embarrass me or SJ . . . but oh you'd be wrong. Getting on the train to take us to the airport, my duffle fell off the top of the suitcase essentially trapping my hand on the handle. As I try to right it, the train moves and whamo-bamo-no-pictures-please I am FLAT on the FLOOR of the MARTA - being that I am the way I am, I got to my knees held up my best "rock on" hands and yell - "She sticks the landing." the crowd of on-lookers laugh - not that ANY ONE OF THEM tried or offered to help me up mind you. (I have a HUGE bruise on my foot and one across the top of my thigh that is about seven/eight inches long - sheesh!)
I told the guy after the train ride was over who said he enjoyed the morning entertainment I was glad to have obliged but he had to pay for anything from that point on. I am sure I am forgetting something - you really can't take me out in public w/o heavy medication - did I mention MOJITOS - LOL!
And don't even get me started on the Sandy and Denise show - we had people cracking up everywhere - maybe we should take it on the road?!?!
;-)
You sweet kid.
But tell me, what are mojitos? Little mojos? A drink? An appetizer?
here is the recipe for Big Apple Mojitos - I had apple mango so I am not quite sure what they added for the mango...
1 part Bacardi Big Apple Rum
3 parts club soda
12 mint leaves
1/2 lime
1/2 part sugar
I had 3 - It's all SJ's fault!