Wednesday, August 02, 2006
The count is in...
The rest of my books from conference finally came in . . .

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

I came home w/ 65 books - not my biggest take - I got 114 when it was in Dallas - but then, we had driven across town and had a truck to load everything into afterwards! (did I mention it is in Dallas again next year - YES!)

I will say not all are for me - about 5 are for Cece and 3 or 4 others are going to whomever wants them in the chapter. . . I am not so stingy - hehe.

But yes I am a Book Whore - sorry - This puts my book total over (PLEASE DO NOT READ ON IF YOU ARE RELATED TO ME OR MY CHILDREN AS I DON'T WANT TO SEND YOU INTO APOPLEXY!) the total is over 1100 books. Yes folks, and I know this because I have them catelogued in a spread sheet - no, no I am not insane, okay well maybe a little, but I did this because I ended up buying repeat copies of books. This way I know what I have and thanks to excel I know where to look for them. . . hehe. (Let's disregard the 150 or so that DH sold on e-Bay . . . that I now what to buy back - shhhh don't tell . . .)
11 Comments:
Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
Yay, Dennie, my favorite bibliophile!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
hehehe - yeah, I knew there was a better word than book whore - when school starts I plan to get my brain back!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
A woman after my own heart!

hehehe - 1100, heh? You're right. You're a book ho'.

THANKS for finding me on my blog. I've actually heard Cece mention you (with luv, of course!). And you know what? I am DELIGHTED you saw that shirt in Atlanta, because now you can tell her and she won't think I'm just blowing smoke up her arse when I tell her it was one kewl shirt and that people DID notice and ask me about it.

Missed the 'hi' in Atlanta, but we'll make up for it in Dallas maybe. (If I can afford both RT and RWA - lol.)

Blogger Bernita said...
Pure bliss!

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
1100? Wow, now I don't feel so bad about my couple hundred. Sheesh woman :)

Blogger Toni Anderson said...
I haven't counted mine up--I dread to think. Do you count reference books or not?

Bailey gives all her away :)

Book whores--all of us :)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
45 are reference books - and it doesn't include the couple hundreds of the kids books...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
plan on it Lyn - should be fun...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Hey Devon... I think I would have a fit if I walked into that place - there was a book store down in the West End in Dallas - gawd - I would walk in and just smell the old books...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
incidentally - The Sabrina Jeffries book that I bought at conference...I already had... I had yet to input a stash of books that were beside the computer - so now I have 2 - I have one that is autographed and one that I will probably give to SJ as she's been trying to find one of hers - of course, not that one - but if she likes her then it will all be good... see it pays to be obsessive and had I been more on top of it I'd have saved myself $8 bucks... (Okay yes I went to a place that gives away 100s of books for FREE and I bought, paid for, handed over the mula for, 2 - but I really really wanted them! trust me you don't need to say anything tha DH hasn't already said.....)