Monday, June 12, 2006
It’s always something…
Spare and Spare + 1 have Cub Scout camp this week. I went and hung out at the park for 45 minutes in the 100+ temp to pick up said boys plus one other scout – I am not complaining as they were outside ALL day – just saying – it’s hot.

So anyway… I get home and stick my key in the lock and viola I have a new key chain.



You like…


I find my new key chain quite amusing, but the hubby just frowns when he looks at the receipt. The guy at Home Depot thought it was funny - and he tried to get the key out.


(I had to drive w/ it on there to the store ‘cause he didn’t offer to let me use his keys and neither of us were smart enough to take it off the key chain – did I mention it’s 100+ degrees and it trends to make you silly/loopy!

And to hear him bitching up a storm at having to change this out you'd think he wasn't using tools (don't all men love their tools) and he'd been gone for nearly a month working hard . . .

. . . Sheesh

Of course I will say, he installed the new knob and dead bolt but you cannot use them together (thanks to a crappy job by the home builders when we bought the place) - it's one or the other unless of course we put the old dead bolt back on and and use two friggin keys to get int othe front door in Suburban Fort Worth....

And this is after having to replace the battery in DH’s truck – but thankfully he was home to take care of that – I couldn’t have gotten it out of the truck w/o a step ladder – short y’know…

10 Comments:
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
OMG - LMAO Sorry, but I have visions of you driving with the knob hanging from the ignition.

And we won't mention the heat index. Oh, and a cold front is coming in for Wednesday - it's only supposed to get up to 92 :(

Blogger Bernita said...
It is a weird relief to know this has happened to someone else.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Eve - it was funny - every turn it bumped my knee - hehehe

B- you too - LOL!

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
Heh! I can't think when it's hot, either. Add a little humidity and my brain melts into a puddle that sloshes around my skull.

Blogger Toni Anderson said...
LOL--I can see it all!! And the battery!! Those trucks are SO big!!!

Blogger Sandy J said...
LOL!!! Sorry to hear about your lock! But glad you got it fixed.

Blogger Sandy J said...
Oops! Forgot to tell you I like the avatar!

I am SO easily entertained.

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
LOL..I can relate to the synapse misfiring...no moisture in the brain cells you know..LOL

That's the kind of keychain that you use for a weapon..LOL

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
You can see in the picture how nasty the knob was... sadly it is NOT exposed at all to the weather as our porch goes out 5-6 feet ... so that is just due to the great hardware the home builders used - yet another reason why I will never buy from them again!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Thanks SJ - hehehe