Friday, June 16, 2006
I yie-yie
I lost my debit card. .... SHEESH~~

I never carry a wallet or a purse, 10 straight years of a diaper bag cured me of that for a very long time. I usually only have my license and debt card in my pocket - been doing it for two years - and today whamo-bamo-holy-ma'amo it disappreared. It fell out when I was picking up my Scouts so I know "about" where it is. But that is a pretty big park, soooo..... no telling...

Oddly enough, we got new cards in just this week. But I put off activation it 'cause I have the number memorized on the old one (I shop online - A LOT) - the lady at the back found it quite odd that I knew the number (I didn't tell her I had had the DH's in my hand and all but the last four numbers are the same - but I still knew it by heart)

Even though everything is cool and taken care of, it is scary to think of it out there somewhere...

update: one hour and a trip to Sonic for shakes later... I found the card on the street where I parked to pick up the Scouts... - wheshew.......
11 Comments:
Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
Yikes! Debit cards don't have the protection credit cards do against unauthorized withdrawals.

It's funny, though, that it showed up where you dropped it!

Blogger Bernita said...
Lucky, lucky girl!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
cannot tell you how surprised I was to see it sitting right there in the road - wheshew....

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Been there, done that.
Isn't that an awful feeling?!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
Praise the Lord that you found it. Even though you froze that one, it's still a creepy feeling to know it's out there!

To Ballpoint's point...LOL, funny...that's why I don't use a debit, just my credit card!

Blogger Toni Anderson said...
Yeay Dennie!! Finding your card is awesome. Debit cards and library cards I always know the numbers. Can never remember the numberplate of the car though :/

Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...
Oh, Dennie, what a potential nightmare! With all this identity theft stuff going on the thought of losing a debit card makes me shudder. I’m so glad you found it!!

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
Good LORD woman!!!!!!!!! I"m so glad you found it!

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
Sheesh woman!

Ta da - and now to thoroughly confuse you ...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Bailey - LOL - I recognize the picture...

Blogger Sandy J said...
OMGosh, what a heart attack just thinking about it! So glad you found it.