Tuesday, May 09, 2006
why me...
my brand spanking new computer crashed...

I updated my stuff two weeks ago... it should all be good - I am afraid to check right now


I feel numb!

update - 9 pm - FWIW - I didn't lose much - just two weeks worth - thank goodness I had been lazy and only gotten ten pages written! And the DH assures me we can and will get it all straightened out, the computer - dead as a doorknob - is still under warrenty!

I sent my editor a new book yesterday - so that is something - an I have BACK-UP (except the last couple of weeks) I have Back-up - 4 to be exact - but damn it is frustrating!
17 Comments:
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...
Oh! I'm so sorry! I hope it is okay. What a major BUMMER!

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
Technology is supposed to make our lives easier, isn't it????

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
it sucks! and DH is out of town - which is always the case right!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
Oh I'm so sorry...is it a computer or a laptop? What actually happened?

Blogger Andrea Allison said...
I'm sorry about your computer but at least you didn't lose too much.

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
So sorry - but I guess it is a small consolation that you didn't lose a lot. And I hear you on the back-ups.

You need to get over to Daisy's if you haven't already - too, too funny. (And you're in the story too.)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I am afraid to work on anything ... but I had three - yes THREE books I was going to get out the door by the end of the week. I just need to write one synopsis and tweak an ending of another - but I am so afraid to open any word files and this dern computer doens't have a writer on it so it's all on my jump drive - y'know I think I'm gonna go buy another one so I can leave to two I have be and not risk anything - Happy belated b-day to me

Blogger Bernita said...
Now that is BIG time irritation.

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
Dennie if I can help lemme know! ARe you sure you need to reformat? Buy an external cd-r drive if you don't have one! They're about 50.00 or so. It's worth it girlfriend just to save yourself the headache. And give HP (shit) Hell!

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
PS Your avatar looks like she's geting ready to jujitsu someone's ass =)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
The HP guy - LOL

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
OH and I am a vaccuum killer too - I have gone through 3 of those in the last two years - maybe I should just sit in a corner and touch nothing!

Blogger DD Blackman said...
So sorry about your computer.

Blogger Sandy J said...
Sorry about you computer! That sucks big time! I have an external hard drive, but haven't had time to set it up, but will by this weekend.

Sorry so long since I have blogged. With the conference and working, it's been very hectic!

Will be updating my blog hopefully
tonight after Lost!

Blogger Toni Anderson said...
(((Dennie)))

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
thanks... it wouldn't be so bad if the dh wasn't outta town - I don't wanna screw it up worse... man I suck w/ electronics

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
Kick his ass too!