...why I don't have the right to be pissed when you ignore my birthday. Tell me why I don't have the right to be upset because you get me jack-shit and then say, "I was gonna.... but..."
Maybe I am selfish, but it is my friggin' birthday and one of the few days of the year when it's ALL ABOUT ME!!! and I get nada!
I get up an hour before you, feed your kids and watch you get up ten minutes before you have to head out the door to work at church. No comment other than trying to snatch a kiss - I don't think so!
You come home before noon, empty handed. No comment.
I spend the majority of the day alone because you and your undying loyalty to everyone but me, has volunteered for something for a couple of hours yet stay three times as long because they didn't get enough people to show - so who suffers? not them... nope that would be me, home all alone. Then you stop on the way home at the drug store to get a card since you didn't take the time to do it any other time prior to 5 pm on the friggin day of. (But again - I am being selfish!)
Then at 5:30, when there is one kid sleeping on me after I spent the last half hour in tears in my room, you say, Can I take you to dinner.
Sure, let me wake up the child who spent the last six hours in the sun, who is now beat and exhausted so we can sit in a restaurant with four smelly cranky kids - woohoo - that'll be fuu-uun!
And then, I get up and make dinner for everyone else (which I refuse to eat - because lest we forget - I am selfish) before I go back to my room for the rest of the night. Then I am accused of being unreasonable - whatever - kiss my ass! (not that he would ever freaking read my blog - that would too take a friggin effort!)
okay - I fell moderately better now that I unloaded - but still....
A sitter should be hired for the entire day, arriving at 8 a.m., and take complete charge of the kids while Mom takes the day off, at home. If the kids aren't gonna leave her alone (this will have been determined long before) then Mom goes out to a day spa or a park or a cafe or somewhere where she can get peace and quiet.
Then she comes home, locks the bedroom door and naps, and then gets ready for dinner out. The sitter is hired for ALL day, till one-two a.m. if necessary. If the sitter is not amenable to that long a shift, then get TWO sitters, to either alternate off or work tandem or do shifts.
Life's hard. Being a Mom is super-special. There's no excuse to EVER miss a Mom's birthday. It's even more important than Mother's Day, because that's one that always gets Mom involved with the kids. Birthdays are special.
Even though I'm a guy, I say, "Shoot the bastard." On second thought, don't. Just get sick and make him take care of them for a couple days while you go rest in the hospital. And there ARE doctors who'll give you a diagnosis of something interesting but short-lived so you can go get some sleep. Or a motel, it's cheaper, but insurance won't pay for it.
Even if I get sick I still have to deal with the kids, he has a job
AND he's going to be out of town next week so at least I won't have to keep avoiding him!