If and when you can’t move forward in your book, I have a challenge (or three) that might help you out.
Take a story you maybe working on that you haven’t created the synopsis for it. Read through it and pull out one or two key pieces of the story per chapter. Once you have a compiled a short list, elaborate on every sentence into you have a paragraph or two and without realizing you have written a couple of pages and your mental juices are tapped and flowing.
Or if you don’t have enough material to pull from (maybe you’re stuck in chapter two) you can “interview” you characters. I have not actually done this before but I know several authors that swear by it. The questions may not be info that you necessarily want in the story but it will help you get a better hold on your people and maybe keep them from smacking your muse around and playing monkey in the middle with your plot – just a thought.
Last, as I have mentioned before have a “stash of crap” bowl. (I think I called it something else but cannot for the life of me remember what it was and I am far too lazy to plug in the phone cord, get online and go through my archives…sorry) The bowl consists of “crap” you can metaphorically – unless of course you have some weird kinky fetish – throw at your H/H. The clown scene that I have in “My Works” blog, I got from said bowl. Make a list of the scariest, worst, most threatening-to-the-relationship things that can befall our H/H and then wham, bam, get me the hell outta here ma’am let ‘er rip!
Just some ideas (and coming up w/ said ideas are my way of writing procrastination – I WAS working on a synopsis – for my defense, I did have to stop and get dessert for Mini-me then ten minutes later change out the video that he was watching – if it begs me twenty minutes peace between – have Mickey will baby-sit… though it does break my concentration and cause me to come up w/ stellar blog ideas!) . . . . ***I guess I should also edit better first time around!
Thank you.
Thanks, luv.
Have a great day and take care.
Thanks! (smack, smack to both sides of my face) I needed that! LOL!