Sunday, April 23, 2006
No officer, I wasn't flipping you off...
Really. My middle finger is broken. Yes - did it doing laundry. My bra was caught on that spinny-round thingie and I got all tangled up when I tried to pull it out. Honest! Swear!

I would never shoot the bird at a law enforcement officer - ask my kids. On second thought just take my word for it....

*this is a dramatization from the mind of Dennie McDonald and what might have happened the other day had I not had her my on my lap as I tried w/ valiant effort to slow down through the school zone RIGHT in front of the campus police - sheesh - but my middle finger (not so much broken as it hurts like the dickens and has a bruise on the knuckle - no clue how that happened - but I am typing through the pain) is injured and not cooperating. I had wild nightmares of the police pulling me over. Especially since it's baldy -formerly known as Mini-me's - favorite new past time - flipping people the bird - not sure where he got that from - we DO NOT do it at home. Honest!

FWIW - today's page count (so far) - 4 - WOOHOO

*Update - 'bout 2 hours later - I paused to fix dinner afterwards noticed Mini-me was covered in head to toe rash - the last 2 times this happened we had a houseful of strep-throat - oh joy! We'll be going to the doctor tomorrow - Sheesh!



and a hunky moment....


10 Comments:
Blogger Amie Stuart said...
Take care of that finger and those sick kids! UGHHHHH

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
Oh...my word!!!! To be thirty years younger!!!

Then again...that's how Toni Morrison wrote...How Stella Got her Groove Back...she brought a young hottie like him back from her Jamaica vacation...sigh...he turned out to be gay after three years of marriage!

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
Ouch on the finger and yikes on mini-me. Hope everyone gets better soon.

Blogger Savannah Jordan said...
LOL on the bird, Dennie! My MIL used to flip people the bird. Or so she thought... She was using her index finger!! I about spit tea the firs time I heard that story. Well, maybe it would be funnier if you knew MIL...

Anyway.

YES PLEASE on the man candy. Send me some of that.

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...
Too funny...so, where DID they learn the birdie? LOL...you are so much better than me and getting the books out. SIGH.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
tried to post several times (Blogger is being a Booger) - it will probably end up w/ it on there 40 time -

Mini-me just has a virus - so that's good - though he's itching like crazy.

I need a nap - he did not sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time - I kid you not! Most of which was lying on me - apparently the most comfortable place to be on the sofa...

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
Yeah, blogger isn't emailing us to tell us if anyone has commented, so we have to go and keep checking - pain in the proverbial butt.

Just a virus? Hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wish more men looked like this ...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I don't think they really exist - I have yet to meet one... well I did get this .... close to CC but I froze up so I wouldn't know what to do if I did meet one...

Blogger Bernita said...
So she posts a picture that's finger-lickin' good...