Friday, April 14, 2006
I am nauseous…
Yesterday after school, Mini-me brought home an Easter basket filled with eggs. Some plastic ones filled with Reece’s Cups (Heir ate every last one – he was a little green by the end of the day!) and some real ones. Well…. The boys have managed to bust all the real ones one at a time. I had them chunk them in the garbage and wash their hands. Do you know how bad hard boiled eggs smell in the garbage?

I have the biggest headache. And I feel horrible – it was such a sweet gesture by the other boy’s mother from Mini-me’s class to do that. He’s never colored eggs before (I always buy the plastic ones – for obvious reasons) and he absolutely loved it! Thought it was the coooolest thing, or in his words “Awww schweet!” (did I mention he goes to school for speech?!?)

I have been editing like crazy too – that could contribute to the rolling, pitchy stomach – there has to come a point where you just wanna kill your heroine off, right?!?!? No, I shouldn’t say that. I love all my characters …

Do you know, my headache got so bad, I curled up in the chair in my office and nodded off for a bit, the boys played their GameBoys, watched TV and DIDN’T fight once – can you believe that?!?! Thank goodness for small victories! – nothing like a bad weather make up day off and four grounded rugrats! Okay, actually only 2 are grounded but the other two are punished by association as they cannot go out w/o the older ones there to keep an eye on them. (I spoke too soon - there is a cluster of boy on my floor - I say singular since I cannot tell what limb belongs to which boy in the yelling churning pile o' boy - sheesh!)

On a different front… We’re hoping to take the boys to Six Flags tomorrow – pick up our season passes and see all the new rides they have installed (though I think I read or heard they are all from the Houston Six Flags that closed last Summer). Then I think Cece and I have plans for Saturday night – pool anyone – Woohoo (Wonder if we can talk Mik into going too…)

AND... check out MY WORKS and MY POEMS in my sidebar... I post other things I have written

Happy Easter…
12 Comments:
Blogger Sandy J said...
Houston closed their six flags? I didn't know that. Have some friends that buy season passes there every year.

Love your stories!

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
when you can't see the story for the words it's time to stop!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
Happy Easter...and Happy Anniversary!

Blogger Bernita said...
A blessed Easter, Dennie.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
SJ - you changed again = like it!

Cece - I am getting there!

Bernita and Bonnie - it's a wonderful time of year - and I am so glad to have made friends with you both! (In a sappy mood!)

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...
I haven't been to Six Flags in years - and I mean years.

Happy Easter Dennie - and you and Cece have fun tonight. Pool, brings back some strange memories.

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
I hope that headache went away, Dennie.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Eve - We got to Six Flags every year - the MIL gets free passes for four and we buy the other 2 - the kids seem to like it - to me it's just hot!

Bonnie - it did thank goodness - I think those foul smells had a lot to do with it I aired out the house... that and a lot of caffeine =)

Blogger Mark Pettus said...
Dennie, If you think boiled eggs smell bad in the garbage, wait till you find the ones they hid in your closet - a year later.

Season passes to Six Flags were our annual vacation for years. Catch a good afternoon rain - we'd dash to Six Flags - all the tourists bail at the first sign of rain - no waiting. :)

Happy Easter

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
ew... Mark - that's what I am afraid of, there is one egg possibly missing... but they're not sure if they threw it away... guess we'll find out soon enough!

Yeppa on the rainy days! Been there more times than I can count when it rains!

Blogger Annie said...
'yelling churning pile o' boy' Ha! What a fantastic visual. I have one of those occasionally.. although it's made of girl.

I really enjoyed my visit. Happy Easter.

Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...
Hope you’re feeling better by now and enjoying a happy Easter! Like another poster here I’ve had a nasty experience with rotten eggs in the past and hope NEVER to have another whiff like that again! :-0