Monday, April 03, 2006
Honestly...
Written in the a.m. posted in the p.m. (called writing avoidance!)

Children and their uncanny ability to tell it like it is.

I don't wear make-up much - as a matter of fact, when Mini-me gave me pink eye last year, I threw it all out and really haven't replaced much of it - just my mascara (my eyelashes are blond - sheesh!). So with the afore mentioned conference coming up, I bought this new line that Almay came out with that you go by your eye color.

When I was a child my eyes were blue - just plain blue - then my teen years they turned a slight shade of gray-blue. Now as a thirtysomething they are greenish-grayish blue - don't ask me how this happened - but it did. (and let's not mention that my one contact for my warped cornea that I seem to need less and less is an odd shade of blue. But so far only my mother, the graphic artist, who deals with hues on a daily basis - and MY MOTHER who gave birth and reared me is the ONLY person besides myself that can tell a difference in the color - wheshew!)

I bought the coordinating shadow and liner so I could play around with it some before July rolls around. The dh didn't comment on it for well over an hour - when I asked, he says, "You're wearing make-up?" not sure if that is good or bad.

HOWEVER... Spare gets out of the shower and looks at me, tilts his head and says, "Why are you wear make-up?"

"Oh, you noticed." {tongue stuck out to DH} "Do you like it?"

"No. You look weird."

Well, I never....

Later, I quiz Heir - he's older, wiser and taller...

"You're wearing make-up?" Well, he is his father's son after all....

I have spent the rest of the morning checking out my appearance in every mirror I pass - okay - we only have the ones in the bathrooms - so I keep going in there to look. Not so weird to me.

I will say, by lunch, most of the shadow seemed to have disappeared!
At least Spare did not renew his objection when he got home from school - of course baseball was on - Rangers home opener - they lost - and the boy cannot see past sports!
6 Comments:
Blogger Sandy J said...
My DH doesn't miss anything!!! I try to pull things over on him, but no way! He is very observant and has a long memory. Hmmm...reminds of someone else I know and love, :-)

He can walk by my bookshelves and without missing a step say "Bought some new books, huh?"

Blogger Savannah Jordan said...
Dennie~

Everybody here likes me better without make-up. The DH doesn't say much, but the kids will tell me full on smart mouth that they don't like it.

Blogger Bernita said...
Men are so conservative.

Blogger Savannah Jordan said...
Bernita~
Conservative? Nah, I think it is throw back to caveman days and the protective/possessive nature of males to club and keep what is theirs...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Sandy - I think your DH just knows you too well - LOL!

Savannah & Bernita - my DH is one of those men that says "You don't need make up." I think it's just because he is unobservant and uses that as his cop-out answer - one of his business trips away, I bought a TV for our bedroom - we hadn't had one in years - took him well over a week to notice it! (I had to seriously bride the kids to keep their mouths shut)

But my kids they're like me; don't miss a trick - I can buy a new shirt , keep it I the closet for for a month and wear it and bam - Is that new?

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
LOL #2 son always notices if I don't have lipstick on!