Okay – I have admitted to many a thing on here – tonight is no exception.
I partook in something that I hope won’t lose me the respect of many of my friends, but well… I couldn’t help myself and I will probably do it many more times (as many as I humanly can).
It’s a secret that I have not shared with many people. Only two in fact – the dh knows ‘cause you can’t hide something like this from your spouse and one of my best friends from high school who has shared in this with me in the past (but it has been years….).
Okay here goes – confession time – I … this is hard… You have to understand – this goes back to when I was eleven. That’s a long time to deal with something like this.
I bought, today, with heir along (I am corrupting the youth of America – sheesh!), MY very own copy of Grease 2. I LOVE THIS MOVIE – it is has been, and always will be, my FAVORITE movie in the entire world. Bar none my favorite of all time.
Maxwell Caulfield, Michelle Pfeiffer, and the lot. I have seen the movie in upwards of 100 times – at least! Now, I love Star Wars and Pride and Prejudice, but not like I LOVE Grease 2.

I first saw this movie at eleven whilst
(for Bonnie W) staying w/ my grandparents in west Texas. Maybe it is the whole ambiance of that that lends to this being the one movie I will never live without. Why, you ask, am I just now getting this movie if this is how I fell about it? Let me tell you, I have always been a little embarrassed. The movie is kinda cheesy. If you see it for the first times as an adult you will scratch your head and say WTF! But as this was a staple growing up, it is embedded in not just my mind but my person. Plus as the movie is so cheesy I always felt guilty when I considered purchasing it. But today – at Blockbuster – I paid $1.07 for it (I had a gift certificate- WOOHOO!)

So, okay, maybe I shouldn't wax movie philosophical at midnight as it makes me a tad loopy – but as I just finished watching it, I felt it needed to be said – I LOVE GREASE 2! There. Deal with it!

My childhood fave was "Silent Running" with Bruce Dern (I think) and three robots - the end of that film has had me crying every time I've seen it since I was a kid.
I don't know, Dennie... this changes EVERYTHING.
;-)
Still, you were able to use the word "whilst." That says a great deal of good about your character. I do think this relationship can be saved.
Tsavo - you don't know what you're missing out on!
SJ - freaky - how many more htings can be the same - LOL!
Toni - I have the original on DVD and VHS - yeah - that and Wizard of OZ were family watch nights the one time a year they'd come on tv back in the 80's
Bonnie - I warned you, it is a deep dark secret - and whilst I debated keeping it a secret - I felt I had to let it out! - LOL!
I loved the original....haven't seen the remake...you're still a good girl! LOL
I am sure that watching that movie at the grandparents was as big a part as anything - having said that, I don't feel so beholden to Porky's, which I saw 5 or six times down there - LOl
Wanna know what I'm reading - even though the author hasn't given me the free copy that I won? :)
I saw V when it originally came out - saw it many times since - they did a re-run just last year on one of the cable channels - Marc Singer - yeppa!
C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R...
I loved this movie! And, OMG, his pouty face and that accent... I *heart* accents.... :p
Saddly he's married to Juliet Mills - you know the witch on Passions...