Define style? If I can't, does that mean I don't have one?
I am not hip, hep or otherwise known as cool. I have {gulp} 30+ cardigans in my closet. Jeans out the wazoo - ew that could hurt. And 80, yes I counted, pairs of casual shoes and only 4 dressy heels.
With my auburn hair episode - and the varied responses when people saw me - Oh! OH!
OH!!!! - it made my mind start to go - and that can be a scary thing!
I look around at other people my age - the other moms, mostly up at the elementary school because that is where 75% of my adult interaction is. Even there, some of the moms primp and pump. They keep the big-haired Texas woman alive and well! Me, well hmm, More often than not - my hair is up in a clip - I can't stand it to touch my face it's a thing I have. I rarely wear makeup. A little mascara and lipstick - when I remember to put it on. Maybe having all boys has attributed to some of this. I don't have to set an example. I don't need to know how to do makeup correctly. (and frankly I don't feel I need makeup - I only wear the mascara because my eyelashes are so pale you can't see them otherwise - I think I look just as cute - ugh - killer word - with or without it)
Don't get me wrong, BK - before Kiddoes - I was all the glam I could handle - then I had over 100 pairs of shoes and dresses and skirts out the ying-yang - again could be painful. I watched trends and eschewed them for what I liked. But not any more.
from this:

Can a lack of style then become your style? That I-just-threw-this-together look.
to this:

I'm not a slob - at least, I hope not. But I have steadily slid down to mommy frumpdom and haven't had the motivation/ambition to claw my way up the stacks of microfiber pants and silky shirts. My one wild attempt at fashion diva is my vibrant choice of hair colors - and even then I hold back from what I really want to do - though I did check out some highlights that you don't find in normal hair color under the age of 90.
OH and just as an FYI - I have purchased Decaf - we'll see if that helps {she says as her eye twitches}
I don't do jewelry either - well not much - I have the third finger ring - that's a given - diamond earings that I NEVER take out - that was the equeal to the DH"S motorcycle - Mine are still shiney - his is a broken heep in the garage. And a necklace or watch on occasion - I am so low maintanence it is a good thing I have no girls ... they'd be SOL
I dunno about the change in pictures...it sorta looks like you went from ahealthy tan, to slightly purple...ROFL
Decaf is going to help...rightttt...did they tell you the part that your not supposed to use the whole can at one time! LOL
I have jewelry--not much--and i forget to wear it. I don't have nails because I can't type with them. And I rarely dress up =) why bother?
I only wear my watch. It's been so long since I've had earrings on that the piercings have closed. Nails? What are they?
No one expects you to change tires, mow lawns, climb stepladders and cook in a ballgown, bangles and high heels.
Long as one has good outfits for weddings, funerals, parties,and other formal and boring functions, why worry?
Putting on the dog to walk the dog smacks just a little of trolling or some other superficial things I could get nasty about.
You can blossom when you need to, Dennie.
I am told that I have to change my style of dress when I attend BEA. *groan* WTH is 'office causal?' My question is, does the outward appearance affect the inward writer?? I think we all know the answer to that.
Cece! - I have 4 jewelry boxes - never open a one. I am a fidgity person - you know that - and jewelry just gives me one more thing to mess with - sheesh!
Eve - half the time I forget my watch - but w/ my cell always w/ me I know what time I need to get this kid or that - I only forgot one once - kidding kidding - ooh or am I?!?!
Thanks Bernita - I can clean up good - I just choose often not to - HA!
SandyJ - you're too cute no matter what you wear - but I am biased =)
Savannah - yeppa -