Thursday, January 19, 2006
Small World
It is too freaky. I have before mentioned my penchant to blog hop - and I have continued to do so with regularity. Well, I am starting to see the same names no matter where I go - and it is weird!

I will find a commenter on someone's blog and go see what their site looks like and read their comments - and BAM there are three or four names of other bloggers I know and chat with. I bet if I threw out several bloggers names that I have peeked at everyone of you would know at least two of them - well, shoot you can just look at my list of blogs I go to on the side and see for yourself.



What's even more fun - or challenging - is when they have more than one blogger name. It took my two weeks to realize that one such person that I have talked to one two blogs was one in the same - okay, sue me, I am slow! And then a new "buddie" I noticed had a different name on blogger as the one on a different type journal.

I suppose when you are writers and shopping the same publishers and agents that you're bound to cross paths, so maybe it is not so odd that the blogging community leads bloggers to and from one another.
19 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
And then a new "buddie" I noticed had a different name on blogger as the one on a different type journal.


Anyone I know ?? :p

Anonymous Anonymous said...
When I started my blog, many people followed over to visit me because they liked the comments I made on Jill's site. That's why I came to yours - a combination of sense of humor and the slow realization that you had to be around me geographically. That's what I do - if I continually see someone's name and laugh/agree with their comments I'll go visit their site to see what's up. I have a nickname on Toni's site because of some inside jokes between us, but it's the only one that I use a nickname at.
Well, it's back out into that wind Dorothy - I and the car have to fight our way to the grocery store. Yikes that wind is strong!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
It's funny - I had looked at Toni's site way back before Christmas - and I think I found it by psuhing the "next blog" button - I peeked at her again recently and saw your "name" made me laugh!

I hate the wind - freaks me out!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
AE - yeppa there were actually two of you - or er, um, them

LOL =)

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
LOL the blog-o-sphere (hell the internet) is much smaller than we think......

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
If writers weren't already given to paranoia and such *vbg* this is enough to push them over the edge - me thinks!

Blogger Savannah Jordan said...
Bacon Popcorn recipe is posted for you!

Blogger Tsavo Leone said...
I think it's how we all start out when it comes to blogging... I'd never dreamed of doing it until I came across one (purely by chance) that made me laugh my ass off, and that set me to wondering. Once I decided I was going to do it I had to decide what I was going to do. Once I found Miss Snark, well, that's when I found a whole bunch of people who shared a common interest, and I think that's why the same names keep cropping up all over the place. I've been fortunate in that some people have name-checked me (with a link) in their blogs or they've set up a permanent link (thanks Dennie!), so when someone checks me out I check them out.

Trouble is, I find I'm spending all my time checking out everyone else's blogs when I should be adding to my own or getting busy writing! *g*

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Thanks Savannah!

T~ I don't even remember what prompted me to start - I think it was to keep myself in check on writing and it took me 4 months to really get into the swing of things - oddly enough when the computer crashed and I couldn't get online it freaked me out and spurred me to want to do it more - and like with everything else I do I do it to excess =)

and you're more than welcome!

Blogger Jeff said...
I'm here simply blog hopping. lol
btw- nice site. :)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Glad you hopped by Jeff and thanks!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Oh and T - I had to kick mini-me off the computer to get a blog fix - so yeah - I am on waaaay too much! (so he only broke two things when he got mad at me - sheesh)

Blogger Jeanmarie Hamilton said...
Dennie,
Great to see you! Thanks for hopping by. ;-)
Bacon popcorn? Gotta try it! Check my web site for some good chili and dh's famous pie. Must be dinner time. ;-)
Jeanmarie
www.JeanmarieHamilton.com

Anonymous Anonymous said...
LOL Dennie. I found your blog on RTB. And I see a lot of the same names on the blogs I visit.

Blogger Angela's Designs said...
I talked to one blogger here on Blogger, and over on LJ as well with another name, and it took a few days before we realized what was up!

What also amazes me is that I blog hop a lot and find new names all the time too. Is there an end to blogdom? LOL.

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
I agree Dennie, i see the same names all the time....Jeff, didn't I see you over at Joe's?

Then sometimes, it's not the name that keeps changing, but the face...know any body like that Tsavo? LOL

Blogger Tsavo Leone said...
Bonnie, what can I say? I like to keep you all on your toes...

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
tsavo........that's part of the reason I took my blog down.

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...
That's the way to do it...bloghop! Maybe it is a new dance? Yeah, so many people with similar interests. It is great.