Okay see - I am not one to brag about myself. My books maybe, or my poetry. I even went so far as to be proud of my crafts galore and said, "lookee at what I did". But I never crow about "me".
Twice in a week, I have been complimented on my hair (
Bonnie C ... stop laughing). And not too long ago, I had two remarks about it in one day. At the Yellow Rose meeting, one of the buds commented several times. (My color has mellowed since Christmas and is now a lighter shade of auburn - hey, it works with the freckles - use them or cover them up with make-up and long sleeves.)
Back in October, I blogged about
The Rosebuds retreat and the waiter at the restaurant. That was funny and just after that a woman stopped me out of the blue and asked who did my hair. I have to say, the comical look of dismay and disgust when I told her I cut and color my own hair made me laugh for several hours.
I don't remember getting too many compliments when it was blond - of varying shades. What is it about red hair that makes people stop and feel the need to comment. Don't get me wrong, I like the praise but I am unused to it and often am not sure what to say. I suppose a polite "Thank you" would suffice - and often I joke and tell them the box number so they t0o can enjoy the luxurious light auburn by Miss Clairol.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
and for good measure...
(I thought of someone else I like - Hugh Jackman)

I changed the pic Eve but ... um ... I can't take him off all together....
Which in turn makes me think of...you know
Good pic...yowzaaaa!
never been called Lucy butlittle orphan Annie....
Swordfish huh...?
You know what, I got a lot of compliments after I left the hair color on too long (moral: don't answer the phone whilst coloring your hair!)
My hair got a reddish tint to it and I couldn't believe how many people noticed it and said it looked great. Maybe what they say about blondes should also be said about red heads.
Hey! That's mine!!!! Don't make me come over there and hurt you *gg* That's my favorite picture in the whole wide world.
hehehehehe!
Bebo ........ LOL!