Wednesday, January 25, 2006
My, that shoe is tasty
I have become a connoisseur of fine shoe leathers - the ladies from Sex in the City ain't got nothing on me - as I always manage to say just the wrong thing at the exact wrong time. Can you say "Open mouth, insert foot."

Be there, done that, got the damn shoe in my mouth...



Problem is - I have learned to talk around said inserted foot and keep digging it deeper and deep er. I have had this affliction since the moment I learned to talk - so yet again - I can blame dear ol' mom for not breaking me of this from wee childhood.

Do you do that, too - do you say things that in hind sight you know you shouldn't have?

"Well yeah your butt is big, it's called a bubble butt." - didn't go over so well - can't imagine why...

"Sure, I'll do the pubbed authors contest." - 180 books, two crossed eyes and a tic later...

"Hey, let's follow the bus." - seemed like a good idea at the time. Restraining order is due up any minute - hehehe


Oh, and there are so many more. I could bore you all night with them, but I won't. (American Idol comes on in a couple of hours - priorities!)

And now there are so many forms in which to embarass yourself - that'd be me ...

In person ~ always the best becasue you can see that moment the insult takes hold in the brain of the hearer. E-mail ~ you don't realize that you've done it 'til they don't respond for weeks - yeah okay I am slow - I tell you your butts big and you seem to have forgotten my e-mail addy. Phone ~ they never call back. Then the number is blocked - a good clue that comment about how friggin' ugly their baby is didn't go over well - just kidding guys! So many way to make yourself suck sole!

It embarrasses the hell out of me when I say too much, but I cannot make myself stop. A guy I know once said he wanted to get me drunk just to see if I shut up - besides being suuuuuch a nice guy - I don't think it would have worked, I don't drink (over much).

One of these days, maybe I will learn, but for some odd reason I cannot see myself without the taste of shoe leather in my mouth.

11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah me too - in fact my feet hurt too much from biting my toes.

Blogger Johnny Undercover said...
I thought bubble butts were all the fashion these days. You know, junk in the trunk...badonkadonks...

Some people just can't take a compliment.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Johnny - No, not Trace please - the spare to the throne sings that ALL the time - my fault for watching videos in front of them -

and for the record - sister-in-laws do not like honesty!

Eve - welcome to the shoe club for over talkers. I'm not only a member...

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
>>"Hey, let's follow the bus."

Topped by, "Uh where's the water?" because your partner in crime is so tired and befuddled by the site of the bus's occupants that she can't remember your name?

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
that still makes me laugh every time I think about it!!!!!!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
Oh, girlfriend, I got you beat in spades. Forget the foot, I wade in till it's all the way up to my thigh....and I've got legs by Steinway!

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
Yeah! "Bubble butt" is supposed to be a compliment!

At least, that's what I'm told.

Hmmmm.

Bonnie! Heh! "Legs by Steinway!"

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
well when I said it to her - I said that I had the same thing and it was called that - she stopped talking to me that day - it was five years ago - ah the quiet!

(I didnt' realize she'd take it so hard - I mean it was just as insulting to me if she took it badly - helllooo - some people are far too sensitive)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Bonnie C - sad thing is I often know what I am bout to say is wrong but cannot stop myself - like a out-of-mouth expirence - sheesh!

Blogger Bernita said...
Dennie, we've all said things on occasion that have been taken the wrong way - whether we meant them the wrong way or not.
Sometimes there's nothing one can say to make amends.
Just part of life. We're human and sometimes we screw up.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Yeah I know ... but some of us seem to do it more than others {waves hand}