Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Makes you think.
I was gonna post about how happy I was that the boys went back to school today - then I got an e-mail from the heir's school.

Over the weekend the school was informed one of his classmates, and the boy's parents, were killed in a car accident (the one-year-old baby brother survived but was seriously injured). It is so very sad. I don't know how well my son knew him because they weren't in the same classes, but I am sure he saw him some.

Last year, we had a similar tragedy when one of the boys on Spare +1 soccer team was killed along with his mother. It is so hard on the boys, they can't quite reconcile the fact that their contemporaries have died - and frankly neither can their mother!

I don't often ask for prayers, but please think of the Schroeder family from Fort Worth.

*update: 4:00pm Tuesday - I talked to the boys when they got home from school. Heir and spare both did in fact know him. He went to their elementary in 2nd and 3rd as well as church with them. So they knew him fairly well.
4 Comments:
Blogger Sandy J said...
Definitely will put them in my prayers!

Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...
That's terrible. That poor family!

Your kids are lucky, Dennie, that they have a good support system in you and your man to help them through stuff like this.

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
I will keep them in my prayers!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Thank you all -