Saturday, January 14, 2006
Hooray for me!

I have finally mastered the coffee machine - you don't know hard it is when you cannot seem to add the right amount of scoops needed for a caffeine fix! The fact that I doctor my coffee heavily with milk, sugar and flavored creamer - I am nothing if not over the top - is the only thing that has kept me trying.

Oh and if I failed to mention it - I sold TWO books to Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

I am SO EXCITED. I mailed the contracts off last week. I will have to edit - I can't believe I just said that - Ha! One is a romantic suspense, the other is a romantic novella.

When I get more info, I will put out the release dates (and I am not sure if the titles will change so I will add those on here later)

MY FIRST SALE! My first TWO sales! WOOHOO!
27 Comments:
Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...
Mega congrats, Dennie! What a super exciting way to begin your year. :-D

I look forward to seeing you on the Samhain author chat list--although I’ve been dreadfully bad about keeping up with all my lists lately, what with deadlines and all. But, of course, that’s something you’ll be learning soon enough for yourself now that you’re a soon-to-be-PUBLISHED author!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Selling two books and mastering the coffee machine - wow! Really am happy for you re: the books - what a high you must be on. They'll definitely be on my list of future reads.

Blogger Sandy J said...
You go, girlfriend! I am soooo proud of you!

Blogger Tsavo Leone said...
Eve; the high that Dennie is on is solely due to the large quantities of caffeine she is now consuming *g*

Anonymous Anonymous said...
*ggggg*

Blogger Angela's Designs said...
Isn't it exciting! Congrats. :)

Blogger Mary said...
CONGRATS!!!! Oh-that is such great news. Keep us posted on all the details. I hope you did something special to celebrate-and if you haven't yet-do. First Sales only happy once. :)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
is solely due to the large quantities of caffeine she is now consuming

Hey now - I resemble that remark - HA!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Thanks so much for all the kudos!

I managed to keep it faily well secret longer than just about anything else ... (well I told a few people the first day) But I wanted to tell the Buds' in person -

I will keep my blog updates with all the new info - like you could stop me =)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Oh and Mary - (so glad to see you!) - I kinda sorta celibrated - the dh went out and got take out so I didn't have to cook (Mexican from he and I and McDonalds for the boys ... Oh how surprised you'd be if you saw how big the little one is now - and if you still want him, I think I can work out a nice trade!) - I was afraid I would burn myself the way my hands shook!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Ooh ooh, ooh and MAry again - SJ says you like Bo - did you see my Bo pics???

http://denisebelindamcdonald.blogspot.com/2005/12/i-have-not-forsaken-chris-but-bo-rocks.html

I guess you have to copy and paste it I cannot figure how to link it - I only know so much =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Um, Dennie, I don't want to scare you, but I think you need to know about this strange phenomenon that's going on over here in Big D. There's this liquid, um, it seems to be clear. And you're not going to believe this, but it seems to be falling from the sky. I've heard of this, but I thought it was just another urban legend. It's getting my car wet! What do I do? Should I call NASA - it could be Aliens? Why are you looking at me like that? What? Could you repeat that? Rain? Are you sure? Let me think ... wet, clear liquid falling from a cloudy sky ... hot damn, you're right! Rain. Did you do that Hopi dance without me?

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I did not do the dance - darn it all - that may be why my pups are still dry and thankfully quiet - maybe I will sneak out in a bit and try it - but I have to make sure none of the neighbors are looking as they already think I am weird ;-)

Blogger Tsavo Leone said...
Neighbours, neighbours, fear not, Dennie isn't really doing a rain dance, she just has a bad case of the coffee jitters! *g*

I'm sorry : ), I just can't resist!

Blogger Tsavo Leone said...
... though I suppose the question has to be asked: just why do the neighbours think you're weird?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I'll never tell . . . . . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awesome Dennie!! Another Samhellion! I don't know if you're interested, but I have an author group on Yahell, http://groups.yahoo.com/group.DarkInk I'll be having a live chat on Friday the 28th, 7 to 9 EST. I'd love it if you could join up and join in.

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I will look into that - Thanks!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Accckkkk, rain is gone! Didn't last long at all - not even a trace. But it did get my windshield wet. Such a tease! I don't think anything will appease the rain gods like you doing the Hopi dance in your yard. Forget the neighbors. This is for your state!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
I'm so happy for you!!!Now comes the real work. I hope the edits don't make you any crazier that you already are...

Hopi water dance...coffeemaker....which came first the coffee or the dance?

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
well you need the coffee to pick up speed for the dance to get the water to make the coffee - it's an endless cycle!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
EVE - 1:30 in the mornin ... strange things can happen ... did you see the skies?!?!?!

I need a nap!

Blogger Amie Stuart said...
Congrats again babe! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
thanks CECE! I am sooooo excited

Blogger M. C. Pearson said...
Oh wow!!!! Not one but TWO! Double WOWOWOWOWOW! I'm twitching with excitement! (and green with envy! Hee hee or maybe that is just the boogie rag talking!) How awesome is this? I love it!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I never do anthing halfway ...
(realizes the mother of 4 kids - w/ 2 dogs) who just bought not one but FIVE things of coffee, FOUR things of toothpaste and SIX bags of candy - all mine not the boys - can you say "over-the-top!"

Blogger Mary said...
Hi again,

About Bo Bice? I mean like...yum. The whole time he was on TV last year I was in 80's rocker heavan. When he sang Freebird, I actually lit a candle and stood up in my family room. Isn't that nuts?

Hubby said the house could have burned down around me and I wouldn't have noticed. It was really borderline obsession when I signed up for the bicesquad.com. Now it has turned into complete and total insanity as I've recently paid 25.00 to join the man's official fan club.

I need help, I know. But hey, we all have to have our guilty pleasures, right?