
Heir to the throne - even though only in early double-digits - want to be a movie mogul/filmmaker. No flighty maybes in my family. He has rather high and imaginative ambitions. Grandma gave him a video camera for Christmas. It's an old camera - probably close to twenty years old - but that lends a certain appeal and feel to the device. It has seen many a production, vacation and a wedding or two. And as it is old - it is the kind that holds a full size VHS tape - it seems to have sparked a thrill in the boy that is unmatchable. He has carried that thing around with him since the moment he got it.
He shot a documentary on his life last evening. Though I had to put my foot down when he enter the kitchen - Like I want folks to see how far behind the dishes I was for the day =)
How much could a child of his advanced age have to film - oh you'd be surprised. With three younger brothers there is much fodder for the film. (though now I must really watch what I say, lest it wind up on on my TV screen in the near future!)
Not to be out done mind you, our professed football fanatic (Spare to the throne who wants to not only play but be the best there is: RoseBowl, SuperBowl, ProBowl - you name the bowl) received snap circuits (from dear ol' me =) how did I ever know?!?!). You create the wiring and whatnot and make things . . . work. I was afraid when I purchased it for him that he wouldn't like it as it had not a thing to do with football, the Colts, Peyton Manning or the gridiron but low and behold - HE LOVES IT. Maybe we have an electrical engineer in training!

Don't get me started on the little ones . . .
. . . . . . it is such a thrill to watch their little brains work as they move the car track from one side to the next to make the car jump and land or create with Playdough or Legos. Such thinkers, my little men! And give one a rubber chicken . . .
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas - now to clean =)
It's at moments like this that I understand why some people make good parents, and why I should never try. Robert RodrÃguez starting making home movies when he was eight or twelve (I think), so who knows. Give him all the encouragement you can.
T man ~ he has been writng/drawing his own action heros for years (Panther man - to which he made and I don't use that term loosly - his classmates act it out during recess) - which sounds funny since his young yet but still...
Like I said the child does not lack ambition in this area... school work lets not go there