"I will not be ignored, Dan"Then bunny in pot, child screaming like crazy - ring a bell?
For those theatrically challenged, one more hint ~
Glenn Close as Alex Forrester / Michael Douglas as Dan Gallagher . . .
Fatal Attraction.
Okay, so I have never been obsessed with a married man and wanted to kill his wife and cook his pet (though there was that one summer. . . oh sorry - I digress), but I can so relate to what poor mistreated Alex went through. You put yourself out there and get nothing in return. Boiling bunnies doesn't seem that far out there.
How many times have you sent out, let's just say for argument sake, 25 e-mails with a Christmas poem you wrote - purely hypothetical here mind you - and you get back three responses. THREE - again hypothetically. Of those three are the two newest people you know, who have the least, but no less important, amount of time spent with. You started first to wonder if your e-mail didn't go through, but wait. You did get three responses. So someone got it.
Or you belong to an e-mail loop with 20+ active members that are on most occasions chatty and verbose, but the moment you post a witty comeback to a generalized barb - silence befalls the line. Screaming meamies and a knife chase through the house, not out of the realm.
"I will not be ignored, Dan"Or you post something on you blog that makes you snort your coffee out your nose and not a sole comments or even seems to notice the tacky "what discarded color would you be" name and find it as spittingly funny as yourself. So in return you rise from the tub, after being down longer than humanly possible, and grab the nearest human for retibution.
Okay maybe my reactions (if they were not hypothetical cases mind you) are in the extreme. But how often to you feel ignored? When you send out an e-mail and think - oh, shoot (though that is probably not whatI would have said) I hurt her feelings and now she's mad. Or, I didn't mean it
that way and your left to wonder at their slow response. (Let's remove relatives from this though, because mine and "prompt reply" do not inhabit the same breath much less a consideration as to possibility).
I suppose you could take the
Don't Worry, Be Happy mentality - that's just not me =)
Just remember - deranged girls need attention, too. And if you don't, they might get you! =)
I'm sorry I haven't been around! My ISP has been acting up! But I think it's fixed now....if it's not...(que the music from Jaws) I know where they are!
On one hand, feel I'm casting things out like space dust into an endless black void.
And worry if abbreviated form has unintentionally insulted someone.
On the other,I always feel squeaking humble, awkward and surprised when anyone comments.
{muah... muah...}
I don't want people to feel left out. I feel like I'm still learning about how to do things right.
Repeat after me: Dennie is NOT deranged. Dennie is NOT deranged. Dennie is NOT deranged.
I can be a little derranged at times - but who wants a boring life anyway right =)
But thanks for sticking up for me Bonnie - I am just not sure which one is the one I should thank! LOL!
And yes, it's happened to me, too, esp emails on lists and I always think, damn I must really be off the bizzarro scale today.
Remmeber, you're a writer and thus, entitled to your hyper-sensetivity ;-)