Wednesday, November 23, 2005
One by One they fall
Almost the minute school got out for the Thanksgiving break on Friday 11/18 (my kids get the entire week off) Brown-headed-child (there's only one of those so it's easy to distinguish him from the rest of the clan) got sick. Just a cold but it has lingered. The spare to the throne has been feeling puny since we got him on asthma medicine - not sure if it's working - hmm. And this morning mini-me (poor little man looks JUST like his mama) aka spare to the throne plus two took ill with the family cold.

Eldest offspring - he's staying away from the rest when he can, but little brothers can be tenacious when on a mission to share their germs.

Honestly, since the kids started school, I don't think we've had a single Holiday or school break where half of them and/or myself wasn't sick. I guess better then than during school - the second to the throne has only missed one day in his entire school career and it was the last week of school in Kindergarten - he's in 4th now.

Have a happy Turkey day!

I don't see this as a missed opportunity to be with the family, but an opportunity to write - Nano on!
5 Comments:
Blogger Sandy J said...
Oh, no, poor babies! Poor mom! I remember being sick at Christmas when I was a kid and it was no fun!

(Love the turkey clip art!)

Blogger DD Blackman said...
Hang in there girl and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Blogger Wynn Bexton said...
Once I was a stay-at-home Mom with two kids and during that time I actually almost gave up writing -- it got so frustrating-- so took up painting instead. So I have great admiration for you women who have kids at home and still carry on successfully writing!

Hope the young ones get over their colds soon. 'Tis the season, it seems.

And enjoy your turkey! (We in Canada had ours already!)

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
I'm goint to stay up until I get this thing done,.....tonight..NaNu, NaNu

You need more kids, then the old of half being sick at once would get better :-)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
Go Bonnie, Go Bonnie Go go, Go Bonnie.

I'm still chugging away. Didn't get much done yesterday - kids were stir crazy.

Diane! - Have a wonderful holiday, too

Wynn, mostly I write during the day when 3 are at school - the little one loves Play Dough and puzzles (not together mind you) so he stays pretty well occupied as long as he can see me and show me his masterpieces when he is finished.