Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Can't .... write .... lost .... momentum
I took off Monday, writing wise, because I needed a break. My word count was good through mid-Tuesday so I decided to do nothing with Nano. Now I can't seem to get my rhythm back.

And it's not like the book is boring me. Quite the contrary. Several things are about to transpire. There is another ghost that has suddenly appeared (who knew?). The main characters are at "that" part of the story. I haven't written "that" kind of scene in a while and am hesitant. I need to get the secondary story line moving - the Butler needs to have some fun. PLUS they are about to find a dead body. Pretty exciting stuff. But I can't get moving.

I am in the building phases of a migraine. Mine take about four days to get moving (I am on day three) then last about four more days once fully formed. It makes it extremely difficult to concentrate (I can't even watch TV - sheesh!).

On a good note - I have begun a little, little bit of Christmas shopping. It's hard trying to figure out what four boys want every year that they either a) don't have; b) can't break by the end of the day. It's dern hard! Not to mention the hubby - forgetaboutit!

. . . and yes, I like my clip art!
3 Comments:
Blogger Sandy J said...
Another ghost? Love it!

Sorry to hear about the migraine!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
Noooo....no Christmas shopping....bad for the migraine, the noise, the cold, the crowds, those *d--m* ringing bells!

No shopping....write....put one finger in front of the other and type. Even if their not organized thoughts.....write.....fix after NaNo is over. Sentences can even be incoherent :-) (Like me)

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
I really am trying - but we've had dog-capades and doctors appointments - so distracted - such is life - but I will write - I will I will I will