Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Already...?
I received my first Christmas card today. It was from a very sweet women from my critique group, whom I don't know all that well. (and I have been absent from said critique group for almost the entire year - why does every group schedule on Tuesday nights? I'm sorry, but 3 Cub Scouts trump one writing momma)


I discussed just last night whether anyone would notice if I skipped this year's card run. I lost all my addresses in the September computer crash and will have to work hard to get all of them again - we usually send out 55-60 cards. Not a lot mind you, but when you have to get all addresses - even my own father's 'cause I wasn't smart enough to make a hard copy of my address book - it is a daunting undertaking.

And ~ without fishing for compliments here ~ who would notice whether Dennie McD remembered them on the joyous holiday - but this one card, the day before December, made my day - I shall have to rethink my postal shun.
5 Comments:
Blogger Tsavo Leone said...
Christmas cards always seem like such an 'obligation' to me, especially working in an office (damn! there's my mystique blown out of the water!). I don't know, possibly it's down to my general world-view, or simply that I see Christmas as being a vastly over-commercialised affair (and not having a religous bone in my body is also probably a contributory factor), but the only people who receive cards from me are my immediate family, and my partner (if I happen to be in a relationship at the time).

Who knows, maybe I'll try sending a few e-cards this year...

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
My mother does the e-cards for all the kids - they love watching it. Then a few hours late they realize you can't attach money in the e-card and get all pouty :-)

My genetic family is getting smaller every year which is so very sad, but my becasue-I-like-you family grows so it stays pretty even.

Blogger Sandy J said...
My family has also dwindled down. Hopefully, our boys will make us lots of grandbabies, LOL!

Love the avatar!

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
I love saying Merry Christmas....(no happy holidays for me) but boy, by snail mail, at 37cents a pop, that adds up.

That avatar cracks me up!!

Blogger Denise McDonald said...
But you know...that one person you slight will never let you hear the end of it - I cow down to peer pressure!!! Kids stick out your tongue!!!