November is national novel writing month and I (along with several of the Rosebuds) have signed up for a "Write a novel in a month" club, group whatever you wanna call it. You have to start from fresh - and entirely new book, so to make sure I don't cheat, I haven't written a single thing since I signed up. (But to be totally honest it has been a tad bit longer than that :-) but shh, don't tell.)
I don't know what it is lately that makes me not write. Could it be the four kids with school activities out the ying-yang or the sports that has thankfully ended for a short time? Could it be the hubby has been out of town more than home over the last two weeks so daddy duty was included with mommy duty along with all four of those spawn from he.., er, ah I mean precious dolls got sick and three remain slightly but thankfully-able-to-go-to-school ill? (Yeah, I am a whiner, is this news to any who know me?!?!?!) Or maybe the many crafts that have my by the knitting needles? I think maybe it is plain laziness. I could write instead of that new scarf. I could write instead of reading another terrible book that I endure for some unknown reason (martyr, glutton or plain ol' masochist?). I could write instead of vacuuming - oh but wait - the vacuum is broken (sorry Sandy, I know that hurts to hear) so I am not not writing for that great pleasure.
I will say it is quite distracting when every ten - fifteen minutes heir to the throne the sequel plus two yells, "Mom, tum here," over and over and over until I do. Or "Mom, I wanna play nit junor." Which with his speech impediment translates to Nick Jr, a dot come that corresponds with the child's favorite TV channel. So with him on said 'puter I am only left with the archaic option of pen and paper - again don't do it - LAZY!
But wait til Monday when the challenge begins - I'll be typing like a mad woman! (One can dream, right!)
10/31/05 8:51 am : Er, ah- I should have said Tuesday - don't want to get too ahead of myself!
Thanks for pointing that out Bonnie!
Monday is Holloween. :-)
:-)