I was watching TV (shocker I know) and saw women going through ridiculous procedures in the name of beauty – but I call it vanity. Why cut your face open to make you more appealing to anyone, I wondered… so extreme.
Then I wondered at my own vanity. I have my hair a certain way (as long as hair dye exists I shall not be gray!), clothes a certain way, etc. I am a little on the chubby side (Mother no comments please…) so obviously I don’t bow down to all constraints of societal vanity, but I would hope in the future as I age, that I won’t feel compelled to surgically alter my face. With freckles, however, I don’t know what could be done – connect dot A with dot B and so on – uh, no I don’t think so.
If beauty is in the eye of the beholder and your beholder makes you feel the need for the knife, find another beholder because you will find someone who loves you just the way you are! Thanks Honey!