Sunday, May 15, 2005
Did I ever mention…
…that I am a whiner??? But hey……My mama always said, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." Okay she didn’t really, but it sounded good didn’t it??

I had a boss – I think I was 18 or 19 – tell me one day, “You are such a whiner.” I sat in a contemplative haze most of the day as I stuffed fat feet into too-small shoes. {What is it with women that make them refuse to acknowledge their true shoe size???} Later that night, when I got home, I called up my then beau (now hubby extraordinaire) on the phone and complained about that uptight wench (edited for my mother’s mollification – but you can figure out what word I would have used!). And whined, “Why does she have to pick on me?”

I don’t know – that’s kinda my thing. The hubby is sarcastic – I whine.

But I am truly trying to mend my nasally ways as eventually others too, say stop your whining. The hubby is famous for saying, “Don’t whine if you’re not going to do something about it.”

So… moral to the story – you are permitted to whine as long as you are actively trying to correct whatever it is you’re whining about – so there! :-)
1 Comments:
Blogger Amie Stuart said...
LOL that's my motto too! but I ususally add, if you ain't gonna fix it, shaddup
;-)

I know. I'm mean.